Why You Should Read V K Singhania’s Income Tax Book
If you are a student or a professional who wants to learn about income tax in India, you should consider reading V K Singhania’s income tax book. V K Singhania is a renowned author and expert on direct taxes, who has written several books on the subject for over 40 years. His books are widely used by students of B.Com, M.Com, MBA, CA, CS, CMA and other courses, as well as by practitioners and consultants.
One of his most popular books is Students’ Guide to Income Tax, which is updated every year to incorporate the latest amendments and developments in the income tax law. This book is designed to bridge the gap between theory and application, by explaining the provisions of the law in a simple language, with the help of suitable illustrations, examples and solved problems. The book also covers the basics of GST and customs law, which are relevant for income tax purposes.
The book has several features that make it a useful and comprehensive resource for learning income tax, such as:
- It follows a teach-yourself technique that enables students to learn faster and better.
- It provides analytical discussions on each topic, highlighting the key points and concepts.
- It contains well-thought-out-original-problems that illustrate the complex provisions in a practical manner.
- It includes case studies on e-filing of income tax returns, which help students to understand the online process and procedures.
- It follows a six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero-error, ensuring accuracy and reliability of the content.
The book is divided into 15 chapters, covering all the aspects of income tax, such as:
- Basic concepts that one must know
- Residential status and its effect on tax incidence
- Income that is exempt from tax
- Income under the head ‘Salaries’ and its computation
- Income under the head ‘Income from house property’ and its computation
- Income under the head ‘Profits and gains of business or profession’ and its computation
- Income under the head ‘Capital gains’ and its computation
- Income under the head ‘Income from other sources’ and its computation
- Clubbing of income
- Set off and carry forward of losses
- Permissible deductions from gross total income
- Agricultural income and its tax treatment
- Taxation of individuals, HUFs, firms, LLPs, companies and other entities
- Tax deduction at source, advance tax and self-assessment tax
- Tax administration, assessment, appeals and penalties
The book also provides solutions to the unsolved exercises in a separate volume, titled Students’ Guide to Income Tax including GST Problems & Solutions, which can be referred by students for practice and revision.
V K Singhania’s income tax book is an authentic, up-to-date and amended textbook on income tax for students and professionals. It is available online at various platforms such as Taxmann.com[^1^], Amazon.in[^2^] and Bharatilawhouse.com[^3^]. You can order your copy today and start learning income tax in an easy and effective way.