What are EKLG Gujarati Fonts and How to Use Them?
EKLG Gujarati fonts are a collection of non-Unicode fonts that are used to type Gujarati text on computers. They are popular among some users who prefer the traditional style of Gujarati script over the modern Unicode standard. EKLG fonts include various styles and weights, such as EKLG 10, EKLG 13, EKLG 17, EKLG 20, etc.
However, EKLG fonts have some limitations and disadvantages compared to Unicode fonts. For example, they are not compatible with all applications and platforms, they do not support all the characters and symbols of Gujarati language, they may cause errors or corruption in text files or web pages, and they are not easily searchable or editable.
Therefore, it is recommended to use Unicode fonts for Gujarati typing whenever possible. Unicode fonts are standardized and universal, meaning they can be used across different devices and software without any issues. They also support all the features and nuances of Gujarati script, such as conjuncts, half forms, diacritics, punctuation marks, etc.
Some of the most common and widely used Unicode fonts for Gujarati are Shruti, Nirmala UI, Arial Unicode MS, Lohit Gujarati, etc. They can be downloaded from various websites or installed from the operating system settings. To type in Gujarati using Unicode fonts, you need to enable the Gujarati keyboard layout on your computer or use an online tool such as Google Input Tools.
If you still want to use EKLG fonts for some reason, you can download them from free-fonts.com or other sources. However, you should be aware of the potential problems and risks involved in using them. You may also need to convert your EKLG text to Unicode or vice versa if you want to share it with others or use it on different platforms. For this purpose, you can use a font converter tool such as Pramukh Gujarati Font Converter that supports 89 non-Unicode fonts including EKLG.
In conclusion, EKLG Gujarati fonts are a legacy option for typing Gujarati text on computers that may have some appeal for certain users but also have many drawbacks and limitations. Unicode fonts are the modern and preferred choice for Gujarati typing that offer more compatibility, functionality and convenience.
How to Choose the Best Unicode Font for Gujarati Typing?
As we have seen, Unicode fonts are the best option for typing Gujarati text on computers. But how do you choose the best Unicode font for your needs and preferences? There are many factors to consider, such as the style, size, readability, compatibility and availability of the font. Here are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Style: The style of the font refers to the appearance and design of the characters. Some fonts may have more curves, loops, strokes or flourishes than others. Some may look more formal, elegant, modern or artistic than others. The style of the font should match the purpose and tone of your text. For example, if you are writing a business document or a formal letter, you may want to use a font that looks professional and clear. If you are writing a poem or a greeting card, you may want to use a font that looks creative and expressive.
- Size: The size of the font refers to how big or small the characters appear on the screen or on paper. The size of the font should be appropriate for the medium and the audience of your text. For example, if you are writing a web page or an email, you may want to use a font that is easy to read on a computer monitor or a mobile device. If you are writing a book or a poster, you may want to use a font that is suitable for printing and viewing from a distance.
- Readability: The readability of the font refers to how easy or difficult it is to recognize and understand the characters. The readability of the font depends on several factors, such as the shape, spacing, contrast and clarity of the characters. The readability of the font should be high for any text that is meant to be read by others. For example, if you are writing an article or a report, you may want to use a font that has simple and distinct shapes, adequate spacing between letters and words, good contrast between foreground and background colors, and sharp and smooth edges.
- Compatibility: The compatibility of the font refers to how well it works with different applications and platforms. The compatibility of the font should be high for any text that is meant to be shared or used across different devices and software. For example, if you are writing a document or a presentation, you may want to use a font that is supported by most common word processors and presentation tools. If you are writing a website or an app, you may want to use a font that is compatible with most browsers and operating systems.
- Availability: The availability of the font refers to how easy or difficult it is to find and install the font on your computer or device. The availability of the font should be high for any text that is meant to be typed by yourself or others. For example, if you are writing a personal note or a diary entry, you may want to use a font that is already installed on your computer or device. If you are writing a public message or a blog post, you may want to use a font that is freely available online or can be easily downloaded and installed.
In summary, choosing the best Unicode font for Gujarati typing depends on various factors such as style, size, readability, compatibility and availability. You should consider these factors carefully before selecting a font for your text. You can also try out different fonts and compare them side by side to see which one suits your needs and preferences best.