How to Install and Use ScriptHookV for GTA 5
ScriptHookV is a modding tool that allows you to run custom scripts in GTA 5. It can enhance your gameplay experience by adding new features, vehicles, weapons, missions, and more. In this article, we will show you how to install and use ScriptHookV for GTA 5.
Step 1: Download ScriptHookV
You can download ScriptHookV from its official website: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/. Make sure you download the latest version that matches your game version. You will get a zip file that contains the following files:
Step 2: Install ScriptHookV
To install ScriptHookV, you need to extract the zip file and copy the files from the bin folder to your GTA 5 main folder. The GTA 5 main folder is where the GTA5.exe file is located. For example, if you installed GTA 5 on Steam, the default location is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\
After copying the files, you should have the following files in your GTA 5 main folder:
- and other files…
Step 3: Use ScriptHookV
To use ScriptHookV, you just need to launch GTA 5 as usual. When the game starts, you will see a message on the top left corner that says “ScriptHookV v1.0.2372.0 by Alexander Blade”. This means that ScriptHookV is loaded and working.
To access the Native Trainer, which is a script that comes with ScriptHookV, you need to press F4 on your keyboard. This will open a menu that allows you to change various settings and options in the game. You can use the numpad keys to navigate the menu and activate the features you want.
You can also use other scripts that are compatible with ScriptHookV. To do that, you need to download the script files (usually with .asi or .dll extensions) and place them in your GTA 5 main folder or in a subfolder named “scripts”. Then, you can launch GTA 5 and use the scripts as instructed by their authors.
ScriptHookV is a powerful modding tool that can enhance your GTA 5 experience. It is easy to install and use, and it supports many custom scripts that can add new features and functions to the game. However, you should be careful when using ScriptHookV online, as it may result in a ban from Rockstar Games. Therefore, it is recommended to use ScriptHookV only in single-player mode or in private servers.
Some Examples of Scripts for ScriptHookV
There are many scripts that you can use with ScriptHookV to customize your GTA 5 experience. Here are some examples of popular and useful scripts that you can download and try:
- Simple Trainer for GTA V: This is an alternative to the Native Trainer that comes with ScriptHookV. It has more features and options, such as changing the weather, time, gravity, speed, spawning vehicles and peds, teleporting, and more.
- Menyoo PC [Single-Player Trainer Mod]: This is another trainer mod that has a lot of features and options. It also has a map editor that allows you to create your own custom maps and scenarios in the game.
- Open All Interiors: This script unlocks all the interiors in the game that are normally inaccessible. You can explore places like the FIB building, the hospital, the prison, and more.
- RAGEuphoria: This script improves the physics and animations of the peds and ragdolls in the game. It makes them more realistic and responsive to the environment and the damage they receive.
- Scene Director: This script allows you to create your own cinematic scenes and movies in the game. You can control the camera, the actors, the props, the effects, and more.
How to Uninstall ScriptHookV
If you want to uninstall ScriptHookV from your GTA 5, you just need to delete the files that you copied to your GTA 5 main folder. These are:
- and any other script files that you added (.asi or .dll)
After deleting these files, you can launch GTA 5 normally without ScriptHookV.