Paris Rain: How to Enjoy the City of Lights on a Rainy Day
Paris is a beautiful and romantic city, but it can also be rainy and gloomy. It rains in Paris 170 days per year on average, which means you have a high chance of encountering some wet weather during your visit. But don’t let that ruin your mood or your plans! There are plenty of things to do in Paris in the rain that will make you forget about the clouds and enjoy the city’s charm and culture.
Here are some ideas for how to spend a rainy day in Paris:
- Visit one of the many museums and art galleries in Paris. You can admire the masterpieces of the Louvre, the Orsay, the Pompidou, or the Rodin Museum, among others. You can also explore some of the lesser-known but equally fascinating museums, such as the Museum of Magic, the Museum of Eroticism, or the Museum of Sewers.
- Enjoy a hot drink and a pastry at a cozy cafÃ©. Paris is famous for its cafÃ© culture, and there’s nothing like sipping a cafÃ© au lait or a hot chocolate and nibbling on a croissant or a macaron while watching the rain fall outside. You can find cafÃ©s on every corner, but some of the most iconic ones are CafÃ© de Flore, Les Deux Magots, and Angelina.
- Shop till you drop at one of the covered passages or arcades in Paris. These are historical shopping galleries that date back to the 19th century and offer a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Some of the most beautiful and popular ones are Galerie Vivienne, Passage Jouffroy, and Passage des Panoramas.
- Relax at a spa or a hammam. If you want to pamper yourself and escape the cold and wet weather, you can treat yourself to a massage, a facial, or a sauna at one of the many spas and hammams in Paris. You can choose from traditional Turkish baths, such as Hammam de la MosquÃ©e de Paris or Hammam Medina Center, or more modern and luxurious spas, such as Spa Nuxe or Spa My Blend by Clarins.
- Catch a show at one of the theaters or cinemas in Paris. You can watch a classic French play at the ComÃ©die-FranÃ§aise, a musical at the Mogador Theater, or an opera at the OpÃ©ra Garnier. You can also enjoy a movie at one of the many cinemas in Paris, especially those that show original versions with subtitles, such as MK2 BibliothÃ¨que or UGC CinÃ© CitÃ© Les Halles.
These are just some of the many things you can do in Paris in the rain. Don’t let the weather stop you from having fun and discovering the city’s beauty and culture. Remember that Paris is always a good idea, rain or shine!
If you still have some time and energy left after doing these activities, you can also try some of these other things to do in Paris in the rain:
- Take a cruise on the Seine river. You can admire the city’s landmarks from a different perspective and enjoy a romantic or a fun ride on a boat. You can choose from different types of cruises, such as sightseeing, dinner, or night cruises.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower. You might think that the Eiffel Tower is not worth visiting on a rainy day, but you’d be wrong. The tower has a glass floor on the first level that offers a thrilling view of the ground below. You can also go up to the second or third level and see the city’s skyline through the raindrops.
- Explore the catacombs. If you’re feeling adventurous and don’t mind the dark and the damp, you can venture into the catacombs of Paris, where millions of bones are stored in underground tunnels. You can learn about the history and the legends of this mysterious place and see some eerie sights.
As you can see, there’s no reason to be bored or disappointed on a rainy day in Paris. You can still have a wonderful time and make some unforgettable memories in the City of Lights.