Newtone VST Plugin: A Powerful Tool for Pitch Correction and Time Manipulation
If you are looking for a versatile and easy-to-use plugin for editing vocals, instrumentals and other recordings, you might want to check out Newtone VST Plugin by Image-Line. Newtone is a pitch-correction and time manipulation editor that allows you to slice, correct, edit and manipulate audio in various ways. In this article, we will give you an overview of what Newtone can do and how to get it for free.
What is Newtone VST Plugin?
Newtone VST Plugin is a plugin that works with any digital audio workstation (DAW) that supports VST format. It is designed to help you edit audio files with precision and flexibility. You can use Newtone to:
- Correct the pitch of vocals or instruments
- Change the tempo or key of a recording
- Create harmonies or melodies
- Apply effects such as vibrato, formant shift or pitch bend
- Cut, copy, paste or move audio segments
- Quantize or snap audio to a grid
- Export audio as MIDI or WAV files
Newtone has a simple and intuitive interface that lets you see the waveform and the pitch of the audio in real time. You can zoom in or out, drag and drop, or use keyboard shortcuts to edit the audio. You can also use the built-in tools such as pitch editor, time editor, center editor or macro knobs to fine-tune your edits.
How to Get Newtone VST Plugin for Free?
Newtone VST Plugin is part of the Image-Line FL Studio Producer Edition or higher. If you already own FL Studio, you can download and install Newtone from the Image-Line website[^1^]. You can also buy Newtone separately for $99 from the same website.
However, if you don’t want to spend money on Newtone, there are some free alternatives that you can try. Here are some of them:
- KOMPLETE START by Native Instruments: This is a free bundle of over 2,000 sounds and more than 6 GB of content, including VST instruments, effects, loops and samples. You can use KOMPLETE START to create music in any genre, from drums and percussion to synths and pads. KOMPLETE START also includes REAKTOR PLAYER and KONTAKT PLAYER, which are powerful platforms that run hundreds of synths and sampled instruments from Native Instruments and other creators[^2^].
- Graillon 2 by Auburn Sounds: This is a free vocal live changer plugin that can do pitch correction, pitch shifting, bitcrushing, harmonization and more. You can use Graillon 2 to transform your vocals in real time or offline. Graillon 2 has a simple interface that lets you adjust the pitch correction speed, range and amount, as well as apply various effects such as growl, octave or mutation[^3^].
- KeroVee by g200kg: This is a free pitch correction plugin that can do auto-tune effect or robot voice effect. You can use KeroVee to correct the pitch of monophonic audio such as vocals or solo instruments. KeroVee has a simple interface that lets you adjust the tuning speed, scale, key and formant.
Newtone VST Plugin is a powerful tool for pitch correction and time manipulation that can help you edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings with ease and flexibility. You can get Newtone as part of FL Studio Producer Edition or higher, or buy it separately from Image-Line website. Alternatively, you can try some free alternatives such as KOMPLETE START by Native Instruments, Graillon 2 by Auburn Sounds or KeroVee by g200kg.