Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: A Classic Platformer Game Review
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a platformer game released in 2004 for the Game Boy Advance. It is the ninth installment in the Kirby series and the third one to feature Meta Knight as a playable character. The game follows Kirby as he explores a mysterious mirror world that has been split into eight pieces by the evil Dark Mind. Along the way, he meets three other Kirbys that can help him in his quest.
The game features a unique gameplay mechanic that allows the player to call the other Kirbys using a cell phone. The other Kirbys can either join the player in co-op mode or act independently in single-player mode. The player can also switch between the four Kirbys at any time. The game also introduces new copy abilities for Kirby, such as Cupid, Missile, and Smash.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is widely regarded as one of the best Kirby games ever made. It has received positive reviews from critics and fans alike, who praised its graphics, music, level design, replay value, and multiplayer features. The game has sold over 1.3 million copies worldwide and has been re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console in 2014 and on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in 2016.
If you are looking for a fun and challenging platformer game with a cute and colorful aesthetic, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a great choice. You can enjoy it solo or with your friends, and discover the secrets of the mirror world. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a game that will make you smile and keep you entertained for hours.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: Gameplay Tips and Tricks
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is not a linear game. You can explore the mirror world in any order you want, and you can revisit any area you have already cleared. There are many secrets and collectibles to find, such as spray paints, sound tests, maps, and mirror shards. To complete the game 100%, you need to find all 100 mirror shards and unlock all 9 spray paints and 8 sound tests.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you enjoy the game more:
- Use your cell phone wisely. You can call the other Kirbys to help you in combat, solve puzzles, or reach hidden areas. However, you can only use it once per area, so make sure you don’t waste it. You can also use it to warp to any area you have already visited by pressing Select.
- Experiment with different copy abilities. Kirby can copy the abilities of many enemies by inhaling them and pressing Down. Each ability has its own strengths and weaknesses, and some are more useful than others in certain situations. You can also combine abilities by inhaling two enemies at once or by inhaling a star that contains an ability.
- Pay attention to the map. The map shows you the layout of each area and the locations of doors, chests, switches, and mirror shards. You can also see where the other Kirbys are and what abilities they have. The map is updated as you explore, so check it often to see if you missed anything.
- Collect extra lives and health items. You can find extra lives and health items scattered throughout the game. Extra lives are represented by Kirby icons, and health items are represented by food or Maxim Tomatoes. You can also get extra lives by collecting 100 stars or by playing mini-games at the Goal Game or the Sub-Game Room.
- Have fun with multiplayer mode. You can play Kirby and the Amazing Mirror with up to three friends using a Game Boy Advance Link Cable or a Wireless Adapter. Each player controls one of the four Kirbys, and they can cooperate or compete with each other. Multiplayer mode adds more challenge and fun to the game.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a game that offers a lot of variety and replay value. Whether you play it solo or with friends, you will have a blast exploring the mirror world and discovering its secrets.