Jojo’s MUGEN: A Fan-Made Fighting Game with JoJo Characters
Jojo’s MUGEN is a fan-made fighting game based on the popular manga and anime series JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. It uses the M.U.G.E.N engine, which allows users to create and customize their own characters, stages, and gameplay modes. Jojo’s MUGEN features over 100 characters from different parts of the JoJo saga, each with their own unique abilities and fighting styles. The game also has 40 bonus characters from other franchises, such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, and more.
The game is inspired by the classic arcade game JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future, which was released in 1998 and featured characters from the third part of the manga, Stardust Crusaders. Jojo’s MUGEN aims to recreate the fast-paced and stylish combat of Heritage for the Future, while also adding new features and content from other parts of the JoJo story. For example, some characters can use their Stands, which are supernatural manifestations of their fighting spirit, while others can use Hamon, a form of energy that can manipulate life force and sunlight.
Jojo’s MUGEN has several game modes to choose from, such as Arcade Mode, where you can fight against a series of opponents and bosses; Single Battle, where you can choose any character and stage and fight against the computer or another player; Team Battle, where you can form a team of up to four characters and fight against another team; AI Battle, where you can watch two teams of computer-controlled characters fight each other; and Online Mode, where you can play with or against other players over the internet using a LAN emulator.
Jojo’s MUGEN is a free game that can be downloaded from various websites, such as Game Jolt . The game is constantly updated with new characters, stages, bug fixes, and balance changes by its creator SlavikOld and other contributors. The game also has an official Discord server, where you can chat with other fans, find players to play with online, and get help with installing and playing the game.
If you are a fan of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure or fighting games in general, you should definitely check out Jojo’s MUGEN. It is a fun and faithful tribute to one of the most iconic and influential manga and anime series of all time.
Jojo’s MUGEN covers the first six parts of the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure manga, which are:
- Phantom Blood, which tells the story of Jonathan Joestar, a young English nobleman who inherits a mysterious stone mask from his father. He discovers that the mask can turn anyone into a vampire when exposed to blood, and that his adopted brother Dio Brando has used it to become one. Jonathan learns to use Hamon, a martial art that harnesses the power of sunlight, to fight against Dio and his minions.
- Battle Tendency, which follows Joseph Joestar, Jonathan’s grandson, who travels to Mexico, Italy, and Switzerland to stop the Pillar Men, an ancient race of superhuman beings who created the stone masks and seek to become the ultimate life forms. Joseph also learns to use Hamon, and teams up with allies such as Caesar Zeppeli, Lisa Lisa, and Rudol von Stroheim.
- Stardust Crusaders, which focuses on Jotaro Kujo, Joseph’s grandson, who develops a Stand, a psychic manifestation of his fighting spirit. He joins forces with his grandfather, his friend Noriaki Kakyoin, his schoolmate Jean Pierre Polnareff, and the fortune teller Muhammad Avdol to travel from Japan to Egypt to defeat Dio once and for all. Dio has also gained a Stand, and has placed a curse on Jotaro’s mother Holly that will kill her unless he is stopped.
- Diamond Is Unbreakable, which centers on Josuke Higashikata, Joseph’s illegitimate son, who lives in the town of Morioh with his mother and grandfather. He meets Jotaro, who informs him that he is his nephew and that he is looking for a serial killer named Yoshikage Kira, who uses his Stand to murder women and take their hands. Josuke and his friends Koichi Hirose, Okuyasu Nijimura, Rohan Kishibe, and others use their Stands to protect Morioh from Kira and other threats.
- Golden Wind, which follows Giorno Giovanna, Dio’s son conceived with Jonathan’s body, who joins the gang Passione in Italy with the goal of becoming its boss and reforming it. He allies with Bruno Bucciarati, Leone Abbacchio, Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga, and Pannacotta Fugo to overthrow the current boss, Diavolo, who seeks to obtain a powerful Stand arrow that can grant him the ultimate ability. Giorno also inherits both Dio’s and Jonathan’s Stands.
- Stone Ocean, which features Jolyne Cujoh, Jotaro’s daughter, who is imprisoned in Florida for a crime she did not commit. She develops a Stand and learns that she is being targeted by Enrico Pucci, a priest who is Dio’s disciple and plans to use his Stand to reset the universe according to Dio’s will. Jolyne teams up with fellow inmates Ermes Costello, Foo Fighters, Narciso Anasui, Weather Report, and Emporio AlniÃ±o to escape from prison and stop Pucci.
Jojo’s MUGEN allows players to experience the epic battles and bizarre scenarios of each part in a faithful and fun way. The game also includes characters from other parts of the manga that have not been adapted into anime yet, such as Steel Ball Run and JoJolion.