How to Use XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2
XTools Pro is a set of more than 100 tools and features that enhance the functionality and usability of ArcGIS Desktop. Whether you are working with vector, raster, or tabular data, XTools Pro can help you perform various spatial analysis, data conversion, and data management tasks. In this article, we will show you how to download, install, and activate XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2, as well as some examples of how to use its tools.
Downloading and Installing XTools Pro
To download XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2, you need to visit the official website of XTools Pro[^1^] and choose the version that matches your ArcGIS Desktop version. In this case, you need to select XTools Pro 22 for ArcMap. You will be asked to fill in a registration form and then you will receive a download link via email.
Once you have downloaded the setup file, you need to run it as an administrator and follow the installation wizard. You will be asked to accept the license agreement, choose the installation folder, and select the components you want to install. You can choose to install XTools Pro for all users or only for yourself, and you can also choose to install the XTools Pro Catalog extension, which is a dual-pane data manager that integrates with ArcCatalog.
After the installation is complete, you need to restart ArcGIS Desktop if it was running during the installation.
Activating XTools Pro
To activate XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2, you need to have a valid license key that you can obtain from the XTools Pro website[^1^] or from your reseller. You can choose between a single-user license or a concurrent-use license, depending on your needs and preferences.
To activate your license key, you need to open ArcMap and go to the Customize menu > Extensions. There you will see a list of available extensions, including XTools Pro. You need to check the box next to XTools Pro and then click on the Options button at the bottom of the dialog box. This will open the XTools Pro License Manager window, where you can enter your license key and click on Activate.
If your activation is successful, you will see a confirmation message and your license information in the License Manager window. You can also check your license status by clicking on the About button in the same window.
Using XTools Pro Tools
Once you have activated XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2, you can start using its tools and features in your projects. You can access them from different places in ArcGIS Desktop:
- The XTools Pro toolbar: This is a customizable toolbar that contains buttons for some of the most frequently used tools and features of XTools Pro. You can add or remove buttons from this toolbar by right-clicking on it and choosing Customize. You can also dock or undock this toolbar as you wish.
- The XTools Pro menu: This is a menu that appears in the main menu bar of ArcMap and contains all the tools and features of XTools Pro organized by categories. You can also access some of these tools by right-clicking on layers or tables in the Table of Contents or in ArcCatalog.
- The Geoprocessing toolbox: This is a toolbox that contains some of the tools of XTools Pro that can be used in geoprocessing models or scripts. You can find this toolbox in the ArcToolbox window under XTools Pro.
Some examples of tools and features that you can use with XTools Pro for ArcGIS 10.2 are:
- Data Source Manager: This tool allows you to view and edit the data sources of your layers and tables in a single window. You can also use it to repair broken data links, change data formats, or export data sources to Excel or XML files.
- Table Operations: These are a set of tools that allow you to perform various operations on tables, such as joining, splitting, merging, appending, deleting fields, calculating statistics, sorting records, finding duplicates, or creating reports.
- Feature Operations: These are a set of tools that allow you to perform various operations on features