How to Use MW3 Savegame Editor for PS3
If you are a fan of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and you want to mod your special ops save data on your PS3, you might be interested in using the MW3 Savegame Editor. This is a tool that allows you to edit various aspects of your save data, such as your rank, prestige, tokens, weapons, perks, challenges, and more. In this article, we will show you how to use the MW3 Savegame Editor for PS3 and what you can do with it.
What is MW3 Savegame Editor?
MW3 Savegame Editor is a program that was created by NinjaWaffles and released on Se7enSins Gaming Community[^1^]. It is a tool that runs with dynamic offsets, which means it will work with any save data regardless of the region or version. The program’s current version is V1.0 and it has the following features:
- Edit rank and prestige
- Edit tokens
- Edit weapons and attachments
- Edit perks and proficiencies
- Edit challenges and titles
- Edit emblems and callsigns
- Add custom dvars (in a later release)
The program also has a checksum patcher that automatically fixes the checksum of the save data after editing it. This prevents the save data from being corrupted or invalid.
How to Use MW3 Savegame Editor?
To use MW3 Savegame Editor, you will need the following:
- A PS3 with a USB flash drive or an external hard drive
- A PC with .NET Framework 4.0 or higher installed
- A copy of MW3 Savegame Editor (you can download it from The Tech Game[^2^] or npm[^3^])
Once you have everything ready, follow these steps:
- Make or copy a save data from special ops on your PS3 and transfer it to your USB flash drive or external hard drive.
- Plug your USB flash drive or external hard drive into your PC and open MW3 Savegame Editor.
- Find the save data folder on your USB flash drive or external hard drive and open it.
- Edit the save data however you please. You can use the tabs on the left side of the program to navigate through different categories of options.
- Save all changes made by clicking on the “Save” button on the bottom right corner of the program.
- Copy the edited save data back to your PS3 and overwrite the original one.
- Start MW3 on your PS3 and load your special ops save data. You should see the changes reflected in your game.
Note: When you open a save data, the program may become unresponsive for a while, but just wait a little bit. It is searching the hex at mass amounts. Also, the pop-up box may not disappear after opening a save data, but if you can select items and add/edit stuff then you may close the pop-up box.
MW3 Savegame Editor is a useful tool for modding your special ops save data on your PS3. It allows you to customize your rank, prestige, tokens, weapons, perks, challenges, and more. It also has a checksum patcher that ensures your save data is valid and not corrupted. If you want to try it out, you can download it from The Tech Game[^2^] or npm[^3^] and follow the instructions in this article. Have fun modding your MW3 special ops!