How to Use EOBD Facile Software to Diagnose Your Car with ELM327
If you have a car that supports OBD2 (On-Board Diagnostics) protocol, you can use a simple device called ELM327 to connect your car to your computer or smartphone and access various information about your vehicle’s performance, health and faults. One of the software that you can use to communicate with your ELM327 device is EOBD Facile, which is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS platforms.
EOBD Facile is a user-friendly and powerful software that allows you to scan and display data from your car’s ECU (Engine Control Unit), such as speed, RPM, fuel consumption, engine temperature, oxygen sensor readings, fault codes and more. You can also use EOBD Facile to clear the fault codes and turn off the check engine light, as well as to perform some advanced functions such as live data graphing, freeze frame data analysis, oxygen sensor tests and more.
In this article, we will show you how to use EOBD Facile software to diagnose your car with ELM327 device. You will need the following items:
- An ELM327 device that supports your car’s OBD2 protocol (such as CAN, ISO, KWP, etc.). You can find various types of ELM327 devices online, such as USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi versions.
- A computer or a smartphone that can run EOBD Facile software. You can download the software from the official website: https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/download-software-eobd-facile.php
- A license key for EOBD Facile software. You can purchase the license key from the official website: https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/buy-license-eobd-facile.php. The license key will allow you to access all the features of the software and remove the limitations of the free version.
Once you have all the items ready, follow these steps to diagnose your car with EOBD Facile software:
- Connect your ELM327 device to your car’s OBD2 port. The OBD2 port is usually located under the dashboard, near the steering wheel or the driver’s door. You can use an extension cable if needed.
- Turn on your car’s ignition, but do not start the engine.
- Connect your ELM327 device to your computer or smartphone via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, depending on the type of your device. Make sure that your computer or smartphone recognizes your device and installs the necessary drivers.
- Launch EOBD Facile software on your computer or smartphone. Enter your license key if prompted.
- Select your ELM327 device from the list of available devices in the software. Click on “Connect” button.
- The software will scan your car’s ECU and display various information about your vehicle, such as VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), protocol, manufacturer, model, etc.
- You can now access different functions of the software by clicking on the tabs at the top of the screen. For example:
- To view live data from your car’s sensors and parameters, click on “Real Time Data” tab. You can select which data you want to see from the list on the left side of the screen. You can also view the data in graphical form by clicking on “Graph” button.
- To read and clear fault codes from your car’s ECU, click on “Fault Codes” tab. You will see a list of current and pending fault codes, along with their descriptions and possible causes. You can also view freeze frame data for each fault code by clicking on “Freeze Frame” button. To clear the fault codes and turn off the check engine light, click on “Clear Faults” button.
- To perform some advanced tests on your