How to Update Your Opel CD500 Navi with the Latest Maps of Europe
If you own an Opel car with a CD500 Navi system, you might be wondering how to update your maps with the latest version. The CD500 Navi is a navigation system that uses a CD-ROM to store map data. It covers most of Europe and offers features such as 3D maps, speed limit warnings, and points of interest.
However, the CD-ROM can become outdated over time, as new roads are built and old ones are changed. To keep your navigation system up to date, you need to download the latest map update from the official Opel website or from a trusted third-party source. In this article, we will show you how to do that in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Check Your System Version
Before you download the map update, you need to check which version of the CD500 Navi system you have. This is important because different versions require different map updates. To check your system version, follow these steps:
- Turn on your car and switch on the CD500 Navi system.
- Press and hold the CONFIG button on the control panel for about 10 seconds.
- A menu will appear on the screen. Select “System Information”.
- You will see a number starting with “CD500”. This is your system version. Note it down or take a picture of it.
The system version can be either CD500 MY2009/2010 or CD500 MY2011. The MY stands for model year and indicates when your system was manufactured. The map update you need depends on this information.
Step 2: Download the Map Update
Once you know your system version, you can download the map update from the official Opel website or from a trusted third-party source. The official Opel website offers two options: DVD800 and CD500. The DVD800 option is for systems that have a DVD drive instead of a CD drive. The CD500 option is for systems that have a CD drive.
To download the map update from the official Opel website, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.opel.com/owners/navigation-maps.html.
- Select your country and language.
- Select your car model and year.
- Select your navigation system (DVD800 or CD500).
- Select your map region (Europe).
- Add the map update to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Enter your payment details and confirm your order.
- You will receive an email with a link to download the map update.
To download the map update from a trusted third-party source, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.gpspower.net/opel.html.
- Browse through the forum threads and look for one that matches your system version and map region.
- Read the instructions carefully and follow them to download the map update.
- You might need to register an account or use a torrent client to access the download link.
The map update will be in a compressed file format such as ZIP or RAR. You will need to extract it using a software such as WinRAR or 7-Zip. The extracted file will be an ISO image that contains all the map data.
Step 3: Burn the Map Update to a Blank CD
After you download and extract the map update, you need to burn it to a blank CD using a software such as ImgBurn or Nero Burning ROM. The blank CD should have enough space to store the ISO image (about 700 MB). To burn the map update to a blank CD, follow these steps:
- Insert a blank CD into your computer’s CD drive.
- Open your burning software and select “Write image file to disc”.
- Browse for the ISO image file that you extracted from the map update.
- Select your CD