How to update your Carminat TomTom GPS with SE Navcore 8.842
If you own a Carminat TomTom GPS device, you may have received a notification from TomTom about the upcoming GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) that will take place on April 6, 2019. This event may affect the accuracy and functionality of your GPS if you do not update it before that date.
Fortunately, there is a free and easy solution to fix this problem and ensure the continued operation of your GPS. You just need to download and install a special edition (SE) Navcore 8.842 that is compatible with your Carminat TomTom device and the latest maps.
A Navcore is the software that runs on your GPS device and controls its features and performance. By updating your Navcore to the SE version 8.842, you will be able to use any map that is compatible with this Navcore, regardless of the map’s activation code.
In this article, we will show you how to update your Carminat TomTom GPS with SE Navcore 8.842 in a few simple steps.
What you need
- A Carminat TomTom GPS device with an SD card
- A computer with an SD card reader
- A backup of your SD card contents (optional but recommended)
- The SE Navcore 8.842 file (download link below)
- The FastActivate tool (download link below)
- The map of your choice that is compatible with SE Navcore 8.842 (download link below)
How to update
- Connect your SD card to your computer and make a backup of its contents if you wish.
- Download the SE Navcore 8.842 file from this link and extract it with a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Copy the extracted files to the root of your SD card, overwriting any existing files.
- Download the FastActivate tool from this link and extract it to the root of your SD card.
- Download the map of your choice from this link and copy it to the root of your SD card, overwriting any existing map files.
- Run the FastActivate.exe file on your SD card and choose the options 1, 2, 3, and 4 in order to patch your Navcore, map, and other files.
- Eject your SD card from your computer and insert it into your Carminat TomTom device.
- Start your car and wait for the device to boot up completely. You may need to open the door and leave it open for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your updated Carminat TomTom GPS with SE Navcore 8.842 and the latest map!
If you encounter any problems or errors during or after the update process, here are some possible solutions:
- Make sure you have formatted your SD card to FAT32 before copying any files.
- Make sure you have downloaded the correct files for your device and region.
- Make sure you have followed the instructions carefully and in order.
- Make sure you have patched all the files with FastActivate before inserting the SD card into your device.
- Make sure you have waited for the device to boot up completely before using it.
- If you still have problems, you can try to restore your backup or contact TomTom support for further assistance.