How to Update Intel AMT/ME Firmware on HP Notebook PCs
Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) and Intel Management Engine (ME) are features that allow remote management and security of Intel-based computers. However, some HP notebook PCs may have an issue with the AMT/ME firmware that reads the Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) as all zeros. This prevents setup and configuration of an AMT system in Enterprise Mode.
To resolve this issue, you need to update the AMT/ME firmware on your HP notebook PC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Determine the notebook PC BIOS version by powering on or restarting the notebook PC and pressing F10 when the HP logo displays. Press Enter to select System Information and note the ROM BIOS version.
- Compare the BIOS version of the notebook PC with the Affected BIOS section of the table below. If the BIOS version of the notebook is listed in the Affected BIOS section for the notebook PC, you need to update the AMT/ME firmware.
- Download and install AMT 2.5 UUID Firmware Update, Version 1.00 (SP36968) or later from HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- If a firmware update is not available from HP, you can use the INTEL-SA-00075 Detection and Mitigation Tool to check and mitigate the vulnerability.
- If you encounter any issues during the Intel ME firmware update, you can follow the instructions at HP Computers and Intel AMT/ME Firmware Update – The Spiceworks Community.
|Models Affected||Affected BIOS||Corrected BIOS|
|HP Compaq 8710p Notebook PC
HP Compaq 8710w Mobile Workstation
|F.00, F.01, F.02||F.03 or later|
|HP Compaq 6910p Notebook PC||F.00, F.01, F.02, F.03, F.04, F.05, F.06, F.07, F.08||F.09 or later|
|HP Compaq 2710p Notebook PC||F.00, F.01, F.02, F.03, F.04, F.05, F.06, F.07, F.08||F.09 or later|
|HP Compaq 2510p Notebook PC||F.00, F.01, F.02, F.03, F.04, F.05||F.09 or later|
|HP Compaq 8510p Notebook PC
HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation
|F.00, F.01, F.02, F.03, F.04, F.05, F.06||F.07 or later|
By updating the Intel AMT/ME firmware on your HP notebook PC, you can ensure that your system is secure and ready for remote management.
Intel AMT/ME firmware update is not the only thing you need to do to keep your HP notebook PC in good shape. You also need to update the BIOS, chipset and other drivers, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, and disable antivirus before performing the firmware update. These steps will help you avoid any potential issues or errors during the process.
Updating the Intel AMT/ME firmware on your HP notebook PC is a simple and effective way to enhance the security and performance of your system. It will also enable you to use the advanced features of Intel AMT, such as remote access, power management, hardware inventory, and more. Intel AMT is a powerful tool that can help you manage your HP notebook PC from anywhere, anytime.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Intel AMT/ME firmware update or any other aspect of your HP notebook PC, you can always contact HP Customer Support for assistance. They will provide you with the best solutions and guidance for your specific needs. You can also visit the HP Support Community to get help from other users and experts.