How to Retrieve or Reset Your Username and Password for Pearson Education
Pearson Education is a leading provider of digital curricula and assessment solutions for schools and students. If you are using Pearson Education products, such as Pearson Realize, Pearson SuccessNet, or Schoolnet, you may need to retrieve or reset your username and password at some point. Here are some steps to help you with that process.
Retrieve Your Username or Password
If you forgot your username or password, you can visit this web page [^1^] to retrieve this information. You will need to enter your email address or phone number associated with your account and follow the instructions on the screen. You should receive an email with your username or a link to reset your password. If you don’t receive an email within a few minutes, see this article [^1^] for more help.
Reset Your Password
If you want to change your password for security reasons or personal preference, you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to your Pearson account with your current username and password.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your name on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Select Settings and then Account settings.
- Click Change password and enter your current and new passwords.
- Click Save changes.
Troubleshoot Sign In Issues
If you have trouble signing in to your Pearson account, you may encounter some of these common problems:
- Your subscription has expired. You will need to renew your subscription or contact your school administrator for assistance.
- You got an ‘Authentication required’ error. This means that you need to verify your identity before accessing certain content or features. You may need to enter a verification code sent to your email or phone, or answer some security questions.
- Your temporary access has expired. If you signed up for a free trial or temporary access code, you will need to purchase a full access code or contact your school administrator for more information.
Create Student Accounts
If you are a teacher or administrator who needs to create student accounts for Pearson Education products, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Assessments > Tests > Find and search by test name or other criteria if needed.
- Click the test name to go to the Test Details page.
- In the Actions menu, click View Usernames [^2^] [^3^].
- Enter the studentâs last name first. If your student is already in the system, the name will appear when you type the initial letter or letters. The username and password will self-fill when you select a name from the list.
- If the student is not already in the system, enter the name and create a username and password for the student. Usernames must have at least eight characters but not more than seventy-five [^4^].
Note: Do not add students until you finish Step 2 because after you have added students to the class, you will not be able to from their view. You can add programs to your class at any time.
To avoid creating duplicate student accounts, it is recommended that each district or school have a Pearson SuccessNetÂ®administratorâ even if they do not use Pearson SuccessNetÂ®digital curricula. The administrator should upload all students into Pearson Success