How to Reset Your Epson R280 Printer with an Adjustment Program
If you own an Epson R280 printer, you may encounter some problems that require you to reset the printer. For example, if the ink pads are full, the printer will stop working and display an error message. Or if you want to clear a paper jam, a print queue, or perform some maintenance tasks, you may need to reset the printer as well.
Fortunately, there is a software tool that can help you reset your Epson R280 printer easily and quickly. It is called an adjustment program, and it can be downloaded from various websites. In this article, we will show you how to use an adjustment program to reset your Epson R280 printer.
What is an adjustment program?
An adjustment program is a software utility that allows you to perform various functions on your Epson printer, such as resetting the waste ink counter, cleaning the print head, checking the printer information, and more. It can also help you solve some common errors and problems that may occur with your printer.
An adjustment program is specific to each printer model, so you need to download the one that matches your Epson R280 printer. You can find some links to download the adjustment program for Epson R280 at the end of this article.
How to use an adjustment program?
Before you use an adjustment program, make sure that your Epson R280 printer is connected to your computer and turned on. You also need to disable any antivirus or firewall software that may interfere with the program. Then follow these steps:
- Download the adjustment program for Epson R280 from one of the links below and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Open the folder and double-click on the .exe file (program) to run it. You may need to run it in compatibility mode if you are using Windows Vista or later. To do this, right-click on the .exe file and select Properties from the menu. Then click on the Compatibility tab and check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose Windows XP from the drop-down list.
- The adjustment program will open and display a window with several options. Select your printer model (Epson R280) from the drop-down list and click OK.
- The main window of the adjustment program will appear. Here you can see various tabs that correspond to different functions of the printer. To reset the waste ink counter, click on the “Waste ink pad counter” tab.
- Click on the “Check” button to see the current status of the waste ink counter. If it shows that it is full or near full, you need to reset it.
- Click on the “Initialization” button to reset the waste ink counter. A message will pop up asking you to turn off the printer. Click OK and then turn off the printer.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn on the printer again. The waste ink counter should be reset now.
- To perform other functions, such as cleaning the print head, checking the printer information, or adjusting some settings, you can click on other tabs and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When you are done with using the adjustment program, close it and restart your computer.
Where to download the adjustment program?
There are many websites that offer free or paid downloads of adjustment programs for various Epson printers. However, some of them may not be reliable or safe, so be careful when downloading anything from unknown sources. Here are some links that we have found for downloading the adjustment program for Epson R280: