How to Repair Your Laptop Battery with Be2works 1.42.zip
If you have a laptop battery that is not holding a charge or showing incorrect information, you may be able to fix it with a software tool called Be2works. Be2works is a program that can reset the data on the EEPROM chip of your battery, which is responsible for storing the information about the battery’s state, capacity, voltage, and chemistry. By resetting the EEPROM data, you can restore the battery’s performance and accuracy.
In this article, we will show you how to download and use Be2works 1.42.zip to repair your laptop battery. You will need a USB to SMBus adapter to connect your battery to your computer, and a Windows operating system.
Step 1: Download Be2works 1.42.zip
Be2works 1.42.zip is a demo version of the full Be2works software, which costs $179.95. The demo version has some limitations, such as not being able to save or print the battery data, but it can still reset the EEPROM data and fix your battery.
You can download Be2works 1.42.zip from this link[^3^]. The file size is 6.9 MB and it is compatible with Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit). You will need to unzip the file before running it.
Step 2: Install Be2works 1.42.zip
To install Be2works 1.42.zip, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Be2works installer icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
You will also need to install the drivers for your USB to SMBus adapter, which you can find on the manufacturer’s website or on this link[^2^].
Step 3: Connect Your Battery to Your Computer
To connect your battery to your computer, follow these steps:
- Remove your battery from your laptop.
- Locate the SMBus connector on your battery. It is usually a small white or black plug with four or five pins.
- Connect one end of your USB to SMBus adapter to the SMBus connector on your battery.
- Connect the other end of your USB to SMBus adapter to a USB port on your computer.
Step 4: Run Be2works 1.42.zip
To run Be2works 1.42.zip, follow these steps:
- Open Be2works from your Start menu or desktop shortcut.
- Select your USB to SMBus adapter from the drop-down menu at the top left corner of the program window.
- Click the Read button at the bottom left corner of the program window.
- Wait for Be2works to read the information from your battery’s EEPROM chip. You will see various data about your battery’s design, full charge capacity, voltage, manufacturer, temperature, and chemistry.
- If you want to reset the EEPROM data, click the Write button at the bottom right corner of the program window.
- Wait for Be2works to write new data to your battery’s EEPROM chip. You will see a confirmation message when it is done.
Step 5: Reinstall Your Battery and Test It
To reinstall your battery and test it, follow these steps:
- Disconnect your battery from your USB to SMBus adapter.
- Reinstall your battery in your laptop.
- Turn on your laptop and check the battery status icon on your taskbar or system tray.
- You should see an improvement in your battery’s charge level and accuracy.
Congratulations! You have successfully repaired your laptop battery with Be2works 1.42.zip. If you have any questions or problems, you can contact the developer of Be2works at their website[^4^].