How to Remove Password and Uninstall Deep Freeze 7000203172
Deep Freeze is a software that protects your computer from unwanted changes by restoring it to its original state after every reboot. However, if you forget the password that you set for Deep Freeze, you may not be able to access its settings or uninstall it. In this article, we will show you how to remove password and uninstall Deep Freeze 7000203172 without using any third-party tools.
Part 1: How to Remove Password of Deep Freeze 7000203172
To remove the password of Deep Freeze 7000203172, you need to replace the Persi0.sys file with another one that has a different password. This file is located in the C: drive and contains the encrypted password of Deep Freeze. You can follow these steps to do so:
- On another computer, download and install Deep Freeze 7000203172 from the official website. Set a password that you can remember easily, such as 1234. Then click on Apply and Reboot to restart the computer.
- After rebooting, insert a USB flash drive and copy the Persi0.sys file from C: drive to the USB drive. This file has the password 1234.
- On the computer that you want to remove password of Deep Freeze, reboot and enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2, F10, or DEL key. Change the date to at least 10 years ahead or behind the current date. Save and exit the BIOS setup.
- Reboot again and press F8 key to enter Debugging Mode. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del keys. Find and end the process FrzState2K.exe.
- Open C: drive and delete the Persi0.sys file. Then paste the Persi0.sys file from the USB drive to C: drive. This will replace the old password with 1234.
- Reboot again and press Shift key while double-clicking on the Deep Freeze icon in the system tray. Enter 1234 as the password and click OK. You should be able to access the settings of Deep Freeze now.
Part 2: How to Uninstall Deep Freeze 7000203172
After removing the password of Deep Freeze 7000203172, you can uninstall it by following these steps:
- Open and unlock Deep Freeze by pressing Shift key while double-clicking on its icon. Enter 1234 as the password and click OK.
- Click on the Uninstall tab in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Check the “Delete Existing Thawspace(s)” box if available. This will delete any files or folders that you have saved in Thawed mode.
- Click Uninstall and confirm your choice. Wait for the process to complete and reboot your computer.
- After rebooting, open Start – Run, type in regedit and hit Enter. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\ then find and delete the entire Faronics folder.
- Reboot your computer again and check if Deep Freeze is completely removed from your system.
We hope this article has helped you to remove password and uninstall Deep Freeze 7000203172 from your computer. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.