How to Play Emperor: Battle for Dune without a CD
Emperor: Battle for Dune is a real-time strategy game released by Westwood Studios in 2001. It is based on the science fiction universe of Dune, created by Frank Herbert. The game features three factions: the noble House Atreides, the ruthless House Harkonnen, and the secretive House Ordos. Each faction has its own strengths, weaknesses, and sub-factions that can be allied with. The game also features a dynamic campaign mode, where the player can choose which planet to conquer next and face different challenges and enemies.
However, one of the drawbacks of playing Emperor: Battle for Dune is that it requires a CD to run. This can be inconvenient for modern gamers who prefer digital downloads or do not have a CD drive. Fortunately, there is a way to play the game without a CD, using a crack file that bypasses the CD check. Here are the steps to do so:
- Download the game from a reliable source, such as My Abandonware or Old Games Download. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive, as the game is about 2 GB in size.
- Extract the game files from the zip folder to your desktop or any other location you prefer.
- Open the folder called “Game Files” and then open the folder called “ISO Files”. You will see four files with the extension .iso, which are disc images of the game CDs. You will need a software such as PowerISO or Daemon Tools to mount these files to virtual drives.
- Mount the file called “1. INSTALL DISK” to any empty virtual drive. To do this, right-click on the file and select “Mount Image to Drive X:”, where X is the letter of your virtual drive. You can also use the software interface to do this.
- Once you have mounted the file, run the game setup. Install the game by following the instructions on the screen. You can leave everything at default settings. When asked for a serial code, use “036642-256734-246754-5204”.
- Once installed, open the folder called “Patch” and then double-click on the file called “EM109EN.exe” to install the patch. This will update your game to version 1.09, which fixes some bugs and adds some features.
- Once patched, open the folder called “Crack” and then copy the file inside of it called “Emperor.exe”. Go to the game’s installation directory (default directory is C:\Westwood\Emperor) and paste the file there. Confirm that you want to replace the existing file.
- To launch the game, all you have to do is double-click on the file called “Emperor.exe” and your game should now run without asking for a CD.
- If you want to play one of the campaigns, you will need to mount the corresponding disc image before you start the game. For example, if you want to play as House Atreides, you will need to mount the file called “2. ATREIDES DISK” before launching Emperor.exe. You can also mount all four disc images at once for smoother playing.
That’s it! You can now enjoy Emperor: Battle for Dune without a CD. Have fun conquering Dune!