How to Install Tomb Raider 2013 English Language Pack
Tomb Raider 2013 is a reboot of the classic action-adventure game series that features Lara Croft as the protagonist. The game was released in multiple languages, but some players may have downloaded a repack version that only has Russian language files. If you are one of them, don’t worry, you can still enjoy the game in English by following these simple steps.
- Download the English language pack from a reliable source. You can find some links in the references section below[^1^] [^2^] [^3^]. Make sure the language pack matches your game version and platform.
- Extract the language pack files to a folder on your computer. You should see a folder named “BigFile_English.dat” and another one named “BigFile_English.000”.
- Copy these two folders and paste them into your game installation directory. This is usually located in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tomb Raider” or “C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider”. If you are asked to overwrite any existing files, click “Yes”.
- Open the game launcher and click on “Options”. Then, select “English” from the drop-down menu under “Language”. Click “OK” and close the launcher.
- Launch the game and enjoy it in English!
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Tomb Raider 2013 English language pack. Now you can explore the origins of Lara Croft and her journey from a young woman to a hardened survivor. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to leave a comment below.
Tomb Raider 2013: A Reimagined Origin Story
Tomb Raider 2013 is not just a remake of the original game, but a reimagining of Lara Croft’s origin story. The game follows Lara as she embarks on her first expedition to find the lost kingdom of Yamatai in the Dragon’s Triangle, a region notorious for shipwrecks and storms. Along with her crew, Lara gets stranded on a mysterious island that is home to a cult of fanatics, ancient secrets, and deadly threats.
The game introduces a new gameplay mechanic called “survival instinct”, which allows Lara to highlight objects and enemies in her environment that can be used to her advantage. For example, she can use her bow and arrow to shoot ropes, create zip lines, or set fire to explosive barrels. She can also scavenge for resources, craft items, and upgrade her weapons and skills.
The game also features a more realistic and gritty tone than the previous games in the series. Lara is portrayed as a vulnerable and inexperienced adventurer who has to overcome physical and emotional challenges to survive. The game does not shy away from showing the violence and brutality that Lara faces on the island, as well as the moral dilemmas that she has to deal with. The game also explores Lara’s relationships with her crew members, especially her mentor and friend Roth, who acts as her guide and protector.
Tomb Raider 2013 received critical acclaim for its story, gameplay, graphics, and voice acting. The game was praised for reinventing the franchise and creating a more human and relatable Lara Croft. The game also won several awards, including Game of the Year from some publications. The game sold over 11 million copies worldwide, making it the best-selling Tomb Raider game to date.