How to Install Mods on a Cracked Version of Total War: Rome 2
If you have a cracked version of Total War: Rome 2 and want to install mods, you might encounter some difficulties. The official mod manager from Steam Workshop does not work with pirated copies of the game, and some mods require .pack files instead of .bin files. However, there is a way to overcome these obstacles and enjoy the game with mods. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch Rome 2 and go into Options and select the Mods box.
- Enable the boxes for “run user script mods” and “run movie and release pack mods”.
- Download Mitch’s “ModManagerV2.0.zip” from here. Do not use the latest 3.0 version since that one tries to launch the game from Steam[^1^].
- Get the mods you desire from Total War forums, ModDB, Skymods, or any other source that does not require Steam Workshop. Make sure they are .pack files and not .bin files. If you find a mod that is only available as a .bin file or on Steam Workshop, you can request it on Skymods here and they will upload it as a .pack file[^2^].
- Drop the .pack files into the Data folder of the game where all other .packs are.
- Launch the Mod Manager and select the boxes to enable mods.
Now you should be able to play Total War: Rome 2 with mods on your cracked version. Enjoy!
Some of the best mods for Total War: Rome 2 are:
- Divide et Impera: This is a massive overhaul mod that adds new factions, units, cultures, religions, reforms, mechanics, and more. It aims to make the game more historically accurate and immersive, while also enhancing the challenge and balance. You can find it on ModDB or Steam Workshop[^3^].
- Wars of the Gods – Ancient Wars: This mod changes many aspects of the game, such as unit sizes, recruitment costs, morale, fatigue, experience, technologies, diplomacy, and more. It also adds new units, factions, and events. It aims to make the game more realistic and fun, while also increasing the difficulty and diversity. You can find it on ModDB or Steam Workshop.
- Total War: New World: This mod adds a new campaign map that covers North and South America, as well as parts of Europe and Africa. It features 20 new playable factions, each with their own unique units, buildings, and culture. It also adds new resources, trade routes, events, and mechanics. It aims to create a new and exciting experience for Total War fans. You can find it on Steam Workshop.
These are just some examples of the many mods available for Total War: Rome 2. You can browse more mods on ModDB, Steam Workshop, or Nexus Mods. Remember to always backup your game files before installing any mods, and follow the instructions provided by the mod authors. Happy modding!