How to Install and Use SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64 on Windows 10
SolidWorks is a popular CAD software that allows you to create, edit and simulate 3D models of various objects and systems. SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64 is the latest version of the software that supports 64-bit operating systems and offers improved performance and stability.
In this article, we will show you how to install and use SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64 on Windows 10. We will also provide some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the software.
Step 1: Download SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64
The first step is to download SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64 from the official website or a trusted source. You will need a valid license key to activate the software. You can also request a free trial if you want to test the software before buying it.
The download size is about 14 GB, so make sure you have enough space on your hard drive and a stable internet connection. You can use a download manager to speed up the process and resume it if it gets interrupted.
Step 2: Install SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64
Once you have downloaded the software, you can proceed to install it on your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:
- Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the installer.
- Choose your preferred language and click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Select the type of installation you want: Individual, Administrative Image or Server Products. For most users, Individual is the best option.
- Enter your license key or select Activate later if you are using a trial version.
- Select the products and features you want to install. You can customize them by clicking on Change.
- Choose a destination folder for the installation. The default location is C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks.
- Click Install to start the installation process. It may take some time depending on your system specifications and internet speed.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the installer.
Step 3: Use SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64
Now that you have installed SolidWorks 2018 SP2 x64 on your Windows 10 PC, you can start using it to create and edit your 3D models. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get started:
- To launch SolidWorks, click on the Start menu and search for SolidWorks 2018. You can also pin it to your taskbar or desktop for easy access.
- To activate your license, go to Help > Activate Licenses and follow the instructions.
- To create a new project, go to File > New and choose from Part, Assembly or Drawing. You can also open an existing project from File > Open or File > Recent Documents.
- To access the tools and commands, use the ribbon menu at the top of the screen or the context menu by right-clicking on any object or area. You can also use keyboard shortcuts for faster operations.
- To view and manipulate your model, use the mouse buttons and wheel to zoom, pan, rotate and select. You can also use the View toolbar at the top right corner of the screen or the View menu to change the perspective, orientation and display mode of your model.
- To add features and components to your model, use the FeatureManager Design Tree on the left side of the screen or the CommandManager toolbar at the top of the screen. You can also use the Sketch toolbar or the Sketch menu to create sketches that define your model’s shape and dimensions.
- To modify and edit your model, use the PropertyManager on the left side of the screen or the Modify toolbar at the top of the screen. You can also use the Edit menu or the context menu to perform actions such as cut, copy, paste, delete, move, rotate, scale, mirror, pattern, etc.
- To simulate and analyze your model, use the Simulation toolbar or the Simulation menu to set up and run various types of studies such as static, dynamic, thermal, fluid, etc. You can also use the Results toolbar or the Results