How to Find or Change Your Serial Number in MYOB AccountRight
MYOB AccountRight is a popular accounting software that helps you manage your business finances. However, you might need to find or change your serial number for various reasons, such as activating a new company file, reinstalling the software, or upgrading your subscription. In this article, we will show you how to do that easily.
What is a serial number?
A serial number is a unique 12-digit ID that identifies your software. MYOB provides you with a serial number when you purchase AccountRight. You can enter your serial number when creating or activating a new company file. Before a company file is activated, you can also enter the serial number on the Company Information window (Setup menu > Company Information) [^1^].
How to find your serial number?
There are different ways to find your serial number depending on how you purchased or downloaded AccountRight. Here are some common scenarios [^1^]:
- If you purchased a point-of-sale activation (POSA) card or voucher from a retail store, you will find your serial number in the email we send you (after redeeming your redemption code at myob.com/redeem). Redemption codes are not the same as a serial number and have a different format (15 characters with a mix of letters and numbers, instead of a serial number’s 12 digits).
- If you purchased an AccountRight software CD, you will find your serial number on the base of the product box.
- If you purchased or upgraded AccountRight from the MYOB website, you will find your serial number in the email confirming your purchase.
- If you downloaded a trial version, you will find your serial number in the email confirming your download.
You can also find your serial number in your data file if you have already installed and activated AccountRight. To do this, open your company file and go to Setup menu > Company Information. You will see your serial number at the bottom of the window [^2^].
How to change your serial number?
If you need to change your serial number in your company file, for example, if you have upgraded your subscription or entered an incorrect serial number, you can do so by following these steps [^1^]:
- Open your company file and sign on as an administrator.
- Go to Help menu > Change Serial Number.
- Enter the new serial number and click OK.
- Close and reopen your company file to apply the changes.
Note: If the Change Serial Number function is not available in the Help menu, it means that your company file is online and you don’t need to change the serial number manually. The serial number will be updated automatically when you sign in to AccountRight [^1^].
If you encounter any issues with finding or changing your serial number, here are some tips to help you [^1^]:
- If you get an error message saying “The serial number doesn’t match your account”, it means that the serial number you entered does not match the one associated with your MYOB account. To fix this, make sure that you have entered the correct serial number and that it matches the one in your MYOB account (you can check this by logging in to my.myob.com.au).
- If you have lost or forgotten your serial number, you can contact MYOB support team for assistance. You will need to provide some information to verify your identity and ownership of the software.
- If you have any other questions about your serial number or AccountRight, you can visit the MYOB help centre or community forum for more resources and guidance.