How to Download and Install SecureCRT 7.1 64 Bit for Windows, Mac, and Linux
SecureCRT is a powerful terminal emulator that provides rock-solid security, advanced session management, and customization options for network professionals. Whether you need to access remote servers, devices, or applications, SecureCRT can help you do it securely and efficiently.
In this article, we will show you how to download and install SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit for Windows, Mac, and Linux. We will also explain some of the features and benefits of using SecureCRT for your remote access needs.
Why Use SecureCRT 7.1 64 Bit?
SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit is the latest version of SecureCRT that offers several improvements and enhancements over the previous versions. Some of the reasons to use SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit are:
- It supports SSH2, Telnet, Rlogin, Serial, and other protocols for secure remote access.
- It provides strong encryption and authentication methods, such as public key, password, Kerberos, GSSAPI, X.509 certificates, and smart cards.
- It allows you to create and manage multiple sessions with tabs, tiles, thumbnails, and buttons.
- It enables you to customize the appearance and behavior of the terminal with fonts, colors, themes, toolbars, menus, and keyboard mappings.
- It supports scripting and automation with VBScript, JScript, Python, Perl, and other languages.
- It integrates with SecureFX, a secure file transfer client that supports SFTP, FTPS, SCP, and FTP protocols.
- It offers cross-platform compatibility for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
How to Download SecureCRT 7.1 64 Bit?
To download SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit for your operating system, you need to visit the official website of VanDyke Software here. You will be asked to fill out a short eligibility declaration and create a download account before downloading the first time.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to select the installer file for your operating system from the list of available downloads. You can choose between SecureCRT only or SecureCRT + SecureFX bundle installer. The bundle installer requires a bundle license purchase and allows you to share settings between SecureCRT and SecureFX.
The installer file size varies depending on your operating system and version. For example, the installer file for Windows 10 64 bit is about 40 MB. The installer file for Mac OS X Intel is about 30 MB. The installer file for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64 bit is about 15 MB.
How to Install SecureCRT 7.1 64 Bit?
To install SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit on your computer, you need to run the installer file that you downloaded from the website. The installation process is simple and straightforward. You just need to follow the instructions on the screen and accept the license agreement.
You can choose to install SecureCRT in the default location or change it to a different folder. You can also choose to create shortcuts on your desktop or start menu. You can also opt to associate SecureCRT with supported file types such as .ini or .vbs.
After the installation is complete, you can launch SecureCRT from your desktop or start menu shortcut. You will be prompted to enter your license information or start a trial period of 30 days. You can also activate your license online or offline using a license key or an activation code.
SecureCRT is a reliable and versatile terminal emulator that provides secure remote access to network devices, servers, and applications. It offers a range of features and options that make it easy to use and customize for your specific needs.
In this article, we showed you how to download and install SecureCRT 7.1 64 bit for Windows, Mac, and Linux. We hope this guide was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or