How to Download and Install FULL Office 2016 VL Language Accessory Packs X64 (40 Languages)
If you want to use Microsoft Office 2016 in a different language, you can download and install one of the 40 language accessory packs available for the volume licensed (VL) edition. These packs include proofing tools, display languages, help files, and more. In this article, we will show you how to download and install the FULL Office 2016 VL Language Accessory Packs X64 (40 Languages) on your Windows PC.
Step 1: Check your Office 2016 edition and architecture
Before you download and install the language accessory packs, you need to check which edition and architecture of Office 2016 you have on your PC. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open any Office 2016 application, such as Word or Excel.
- Click on File and then on Account.
- On the right side of the screen, under Product Information, look for the Office Updates section. If you see Update Options, then you have a click-to-run edition of Office 2016. If you don’t see this option, then you have a volume licensed (VL) edition of Office 2016.
- Under About [application name], look for the version number and the architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). For example, if you see Version 2108 (Build 14326.20404 Click-to-Run) and Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.14326.20404) 64-bit, then you have a click-to-run edition of Office 2016 with version 2108 and 64-bit architecture.
If you have a VL edition of Office 2016, you can proceed to the next step. If you have a click-to-run edition of Office 2016, you need to switch to a VL edition first. To do this, follow the instructions on this page: Switch from Office 365 ProPlus to Office 2019 or Office 2016.
Step 2: Download the language accessory packs
Once you have confirmed that you have a VL edition of Office 2016 with 64-bit architecture, you can download the language accessory packs from this page: Language Accessory Pack for Office.
On this page, select the language that you want to download from the drop-down menu under Choose your version. For example, if you want to download the Arabic language pack, select Arabic.
Then, click on the Download button. You will see two files: one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. Since you have a 64-bit edition of Office 2016, select the file that ends with x64.exe. For example, if you selected Arabic, select the file named ar-sa-x64.exe.
Click on Next to start the download. You can repeat this process for any other languages that you want to download.
Step 3: Install the language accessory packs
After you have downloaded the language accessory packs that you want, you can install them by following these steps:
- Close any Office 2016 applications that are running on your PC.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded files.
- Double-click on each file that ends with x64.exe. This will launch the setup wizard for each language accessory pack.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You may need to accept the license agreement and choose an installation location.
- You can check the progress of each installation in the taskbar. When