How to Download and Install Drivers for Yamaha 01V96i Digital Mixing Console
The Yamaha 01V96i is a digital mixing console that offers 16 analog inputs, 8 buses, 8 auxes, and 24-bit/96 kHz audio quality. It also features a built-in USB 2.0 audio interface that allows you to record and playback up to 16 channels of audio simultaneously with your computer. To use the USB audio interface function, you need to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver on your computer.
In this article, we will show you how to download and install the driver for your 01V96i on Windows or Mac operating systems. We will also provide some tips on how to troubleshoot common issues that may arise during the installation process.
Downloading the Driver
The first step is to download the driver from the Yamaha website. You can find the download page for your 01V96i by following these steps:
- Go to https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/mixers/01v96i/downloads.html (for US users) or https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/mixers/01v96i/downloads.html (for European users).
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Firmware / Software section and click on the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver link.
- Read the license agreement and click on I Agree – Start Download.
- Save the file to your computer.
The driver file name will vary depending on your operating system and version. For example, for Windows 11/10 (64-bit), the file name is YSUSB_V214_Win.zip. For Mac macOS 11/12/13 (Intel/Apple silicon), the file name is YSUSB_V314_Mac.zip.
Installing the Driver
The next step is to install the driver on your computer. You can follow these steps:
- Unzip the downloaded file and double-click on the installer file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
- Connect your 01V96i to your computer via a USB cable.
- Turn on your 01V96i and wait for a few seconds until it is recognized by your computer.
You can verify that the driver is installed correctly by checking the following:
- For Windows users, go to Control Panel > Sound > Playback and Recording tabs and make sure that Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO is selected as the default device.
- For Mac users, go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and Input tabs and make sure that Yamaha Steinberg USB is selected as the default device.
- For both Windows and Mac users, launch your DAW software (such as Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, etc.) and make sure that Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO (for Windows) or Yamaha Steinberg USB (for Mac) is selected as the audio device or driver.
If you encounter any problems during or after installing the driver, here are some tips that may help you:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the correct driver for your operating system and version.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest firmware for your 01V96i. You can download it from the same website as the driver.
- Make sure that you have connected your 01V96i to a USB port that provides enough power and bandwidth. Avoid using USB hubs or splitters.
- Make sure that you have set up your 01V96i correctly for USB audio interface mode. Refer to the 01V96i Owner’s Manual or Reference Manual for more details.
- If you still have issues, contact