How to Activate Your Steinberg Software with eLicenser Control Center
If you have purchased or downloaded a Steinberg software product, you will need to activate it by downloading and storing the required license. This can be done using the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC), a utility that allows for managing music software licenses by a variety of manufacturers[^2^]. In this article, we will show you how to use the eLCC to activate your Steinberg software with an activation code or a download access code.
What is an Activation Code?
An activation code is a 32-digit code that is used to download and activate a license for your Steinberg software. You can get an activation code from different sources, depending on how you obtained your software:
- If you have received your Steinberg software in a box, it includes a download access code printed on a sheet (Essential Product License Information). When redeeming the download access code in the Steinberg Download Assistant, an activation code will be automatically generated and used to download and activate your license[^1^].
- If you have purchased your software as a download from the online shop, you will receive a confirmation email with either an activation code or a download access code. When redeeming the download access code in the Steinberg Download Assistant, an activation code will be automatically generated and used to download and activate your license[^1^].
- If you have performed a reactivation in your MySteinberg account, you will receive an activation code by email. A reactivation is necessary when you want to transfer your license from one computer to another or when you have changed or formatted your hard disk[^3^].
- If you have installed an older version of Cubase LE, Cubase AI or WaveLab LE, you will get a demo license limited in time. You can obtain an activation code for a permanent license by registering the software online in your MySteinberg account[^1^].
How to Use the eLicenser Control Center?
The eLCC is installed automatically along with your Steinberg software. You can find it under ‘Program Files’ (Windows) or ‘Applications’ (Mac OS X). To use the eLCC, follow these steps:
- Open the eLCC and apply the ‘Maintenance & Online Synchronisation’ by clicking on ‘Perform Maintenance Tasks’ (or click on the ‘Maintenance’ button at the top right if not shown). This will update your eLCC to the latest version and synchronize it with the online database[^2^].
- Click on the green ‘Enter Activation Code’ button and enter or paste your activation code. Click on [Continue] and finally on [Download license], to complete the activation. The license will be downloaded and stored either in the Soft-eLicenser (locally on hard disk) or on a connected USB-eLicenser (dongle), depending on the product[^1^].
- If you have a download access code instead of an activation code, you will need to redeem it in the Steinberg Download Assistant first. The Steinberg Download Assistant is a tool that allows you to download and install your Steinberg products. You can download it from here. After installing and launching it, enter your download access code and follow the instructions to generate and use your activation code[^1^].
Congratulations! You have successfully activated your Steinberg software with the eLCC. You can now enjoy making music with your product. For more information and support on licenses, eLCC, Soft-eLicensers and USB-eLicensers, please visit this page.