How to Activate Cubase 7 with eLicenser
Cubase 7 is a powerful digital audio workstation that offers a range of features for music production, editing, mixing, and recording. However, to use Cubase 7, you need to activate it with an eLicenser, which is a USB device that stores your license information.
In this article, we will show you how to activate Cubase 7 with an eLicenser in a few simple steps. We will also explain how to get an activation code and what to do if you lose or damage your eLicenser.
What is an eLicenser?
An eLicenser is a USB device that acts as a key for your Steinberg software. It contains your license information and allows you to run Cubase 7 on any computer that has the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) software installed.
An eLicenser can store multiple licenses for different Steinberg products, such as Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab, HALion, etc. You can also transfer licenses between eLicensers using the eLCC software.
How to get an activation code for Cubase 7?
An activation code is a 32-digit code that you need to enter in the eLCC software to download and activate your license for Cubase 7. There are different ways to get an activation code depending on how you purchased Cubase 7:
- If you bought Cubase 7 as a boxed product, you will find a Download Access Code printed on a sheet inside the box. You need to redeem this code in the Steinberg Download Assistant (SDA) software, which will then generate an activation code for you.
- If you bought Cubase 7 as a download from the Steinberg online shop, you will receive a confirmation email with either an activation code or a Download Access Code. If you have a Download Access Code, you need to redeem it in the SDA software as described above.
- If you have an older version of Cubase LE, AI, or WaveLab LE that came with a hardware device or a magazine, you need to register your software online in your MySteinberg account. You will then receive an activation code by email.
- If you need to reactivate Cubase 7 because you changed your computer or reinstalled your operating system, you need to log in to your MySteinberg account and request a new activation code.
How to activate Cubase 7 with an eLicenser?
Once you have an activation code for Cubase 7, you can activate it with an eLicenser by following these steps:
- Connect your eLicenser to a USB port on your computer.
- Install Cubase 7 on your computer. You can download the installer from the SDA software or from the Steinberg website.
- Install the latest update for Cubase 7 if available. You can check for updates in the SDA software or on the Steinberg website.
- Open the eLCC software. You can find it under Program Files (Windows) or Applications (Mac OS X).
- Click on Perform Maintenance Tasks or Maintenance button at the top right of the eLCC window. This will synchronize your eLicenser with the Steinberg server and update your license database.
- Click on Enter Activation Code button at the top left of the eLCC window. This will open a dialog box where you can enter your activation code.
- Type or paste your activation code in the corresponding field and click on Continue. The eLCC software will then download and activate your license for Cubase 7 and store it on your eLicenser.
- Close the eLCC software and launch Cubase 7. You should be able to use it without any limitations.
What if I lose or damage my eLicenser?
If you lose or damage your eLicenser, you will not be able to use Cubase 7 until you replace it. To do so, you need to contact Steinberg support and provide them with proof of purchase and your MySteinberg account details.