How to Activate Edius 9 with a Serial Number
Edius 9 is a powerful video editing software that offers a range of features and tools for professional and creative projects. To use Edius 9, you need to activate it with a serial number that you can obtain from Grass Valley, the developer of the software. In this article, we will show you how to activate Edius 9 with a serial number in both online and offline environments.
If you have an internet connection, you can activate Edius 9 online by following these steps:
- Double-click the Edius icon on your desktop to launch the software. If this is the first time you start Edius, you will see a screen to enter your serial number.
- Enter your serial number in the format of 6-digit + 16-digit characters, and click [Register]. If your serial number is valid, you will see a confirmation screen.
- Click [OK] on the confirmation screen. You will see a screen to enter your eID, which is an online account that links your serial number and product activations.
- Enter your eID email and password, and click [Login]. If you don’t have an eID yet, you can create one by clicking [Create eID] and following the instructions.
- Once your eID is activated, Edius will start and you can use it normally.
If you don’t have an internet connection, you can activate Edius 9 offline by following these steps:
- On another computer that has internet access, go to this page and download the GV LicenseManager software.
- Install the GV LicenseManager software on the computer that has Edius 9 installed. You can find the installation instructions here.
- Launch the GV LicenseManager software and click [Offline Activation Create ID File]. This will generate an ID file that contains your serial number and computer information.
- Copy the ID file to a USB drive or other removable media and take it to the computer that has internet access.
- On the computer that has internet access, go to this page again and click [Offline Activation Register ID File]. This will upload your ID file to the activation server and generate an activation file.
- Download the activation file and copy it to the same USB drive or other removable media.
- Take the USB drive or other removable media back to the computer that has Edius 9 installed.
- Launch the GV LicenseManager software again and click [Offline Activation Register Activation File]. This will register your activation file and activate Edius 9.
- You can now start Edius 9 and use it normally.
If you encounter any problems during the activation process, you can try these solutions:
- Make sure you enter your serial number correctly and without any spaces or dashes.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection for online activation or access to another computer with internet for offline activation.
- Make sure you use the same eID for online activation or the same ID file and activation file for offline activation.
- If you need to move your license to another computer, you can use the online deactivation or offline deactivation features in the GV LicenseManager software.
- If you need more help, you can contact Grass Valley support or visit their website