How to Buy Racing Seats for Your Car
If you are looking for a way to improve your driving performance, comfort and safety, you might want to consider upgrading your car seats to racing seats. Racing seats are designed to provide better lateral support, ergonomics and stability than the factory seats, especially when driving at high speeds or on the track. But how do you choose the right racing seats for your car? Here are some tips to help you buy racing seats that suit your needs and budget.
Types of Racing Seats
There are different types of racing seats available on the market, depending on the intended use, style and construction. Some of the most common types are:
- Reclining racing seats: These are adjustable seats that can recline and slide forward and backward, allowing you to adjust the position and angle of the seat according to your preference. They are suitable for street use and casual racing, as they offer a balance between comfort and support. They are also easy to install and compatible with most seat brackets and sliders.
- Fixed-back racing seats: These are non-adjustable seats that have a fixed position and angle. They offer more support and rigidity than reclining seats, as they are designed to keep you firmly in place during high-speed cornering and braking. They are ideal for serious racing and track use, as they reduce weight and improve safety. However, they may not be very comfortable for long drives or daily use.
- Suspension racing seats: These are seats that have a flexible fabric or mesh material stretched over a tubular frame. They are designed to absorb shocks and vibrations from the road or terrain, providing a smooth and comfortable ride. They are suitable for off-road use, such as rally, desert or rock crawling. They are also lightweight and durable, but may not offer as much support or protection as other types of racing seats.
Factors to Consider When Buying Racing Seats
When buying racing seats, you should consider the following factors:
- Fitment: You should make sure that the racing seats fit your car model and year, as well as your body size and shape. You should measure the width, height and depth of your existing seats, as well as the distance between the seat rails and the floor. You should also check the compatibility of the racing seats with your seat belts, airbags and other safety features. You may need to buy additional seat brackets, sliders or harnesses to install the racing seats properly.
- Quality: You should buy racing seats from reputable brands that have high standards of safety, quality and durability. You should look for racing seats that are made of sturdy materials, such as steel, aluminum or carbon fiber frames, and have strong stitching, padding and upholstery. You should also look for racing seats that have passed safety tests and certifications, such as FIA homologation or SFI rating.
- Style: You should buy racing seats that match your personal taste and style, as well as your car’s interior design. You should choose racing seats that have a color, pattern and texture that complement your car’s theme. You should also choose racing seats that have a shape, size and profile that suit your driving style and preference.
Where to Buy Racing Seats
If you are ready to buy racing seats for your car, you can find them online or in-store from various sources. Some of the best places to buy racing seats are:
- Racing Seats USA: This is an online store that specializes in selling racing seats from top brands such as Sparco, Corbeau, Recaro and more. They offer free shipping on seat pairs, a wide range of styles and uses, and a hassle-free installation service with vehicle-specific brackets and sliders.
- CARiD: This is an online store that sells a variety of car parts and accessories, including racing seats from brands such as Cipher Auto, NRG Innovations, Braum and more. They offer competitive prices, fast delivery, easy returns and excellent customer service.